Friday, May 22, 2009

My turn

From Gayle...

Okay, here's my first post (finally). Kara & I are chatting online about the plan for this weekend. Basically we're working to reset out body clocks to avoid as much jet lag as possible - something I have a horrible time with. So we will plan to go to bed and get up an hour earlier each of the next 4 nights. This means I need to be asleep by 5:30pm Monday night in order to get up at 1:30am Tues. If you know me at all, I'm usually just heading TO bed at 1:30am, so it will be interesting to see how this goes.

Otherwise, I'm sure the remainder of the weekend will be spent on the phone for countless hours dealing with "Did you take care of...? How will we...? Which of these 20 shirts should I pack (including picture messages)? What about...?" Ugh. Enough already. Just squeeze me like a sardine into my crampt seat and get the horribly long flight over.

The next thing I'm looking forward to is seeing Kara's bag. See, she has a packing problem and by this, I mean an overpacking problem. We are always holding our breath when it gets weighed, which entertains me. (Kara will kill me for this!) Me? I'm the packing machine. I think there's a Tetris program always running in my head. I better be nice though, as Kara's in charge of all the electronics, cables, chargers, etc. So if you want to see anymore posts, it's because of her. :)

Next up: The daily "plan" for the trip!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment