Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tues. May 26/Wed. May 27

From Gayle...

I'll just add to what Kara posted below. I worked really hard to prep for the flight and time change. Luckily I did get a moderate amount of sleep on the plane. Between the plan and Harry Potter 1 (my dissertation-writing background) the time literally flew.

The Paris airport (CDG) is really big and somewhat confusing, but we quickly figured things out. It took awhile to get out of the airport & as usual, I was asleep on the Disney bus by the time we were headed out of time.

Apologies, as I'm about to switch to Disney-speak. We're at Sequoia Lodge because Kara loves Wilderness Lodge and this is the closest thing DLP has; I selflessly gave up being at Newport (the cousin of my beloved Beach Club in FL). Yet we knew it would never BE Wilderness Lodge. In fact, I was expecting it to be more of an "All Star Resort" feel. The lobby was very nice & check-in smooth. The room, however, just met my expectations of the "All Stars", but I am a fairly high-maintainence traveler! We've encountered some issues, and tonight's quality of sleep will indicate the severity.

Getting into Disneyland Paris was a breeze, I laughed at how close the parks & village are too each other. Like Kara said we're getting really tired now, as we never did take a nap. We've just decided to change "The Plan", which rarely happens. So next up - Paris Day 1 on Thurs. (instead of Fri.).

Trust us - much better posts are on the horizon.
Gayle

3 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Glad you made it. As the voice of experience you should feel better tomorrow after a good night's sleep. Most European hotels are a bit different that what you would expect to find in the US. But, enjoy the heated towels...my favorite thing about European hotels. Stay safe. ibs

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT news! Glad you've arrived~~get some good sleep and enjoy the day. I look forward to your upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete